Banking and Finance- MA
Aim and program profile
The primary goal of the organization at this level is:
• To provide a solid background for students who wish to pursue a professional career in the financial industry as financial analysts, CEO / financial manager and portfolio manager. Prospective employers include commercial banks, central banks, investment banking firms and other financial institutions local or international. Program also provides a solid background for students pursuing a career in academic research and teaching in the field of financial economics.
• The purpose of this program specializes in banking and finance is to form experts who are able to perform financial analysis and development of problems within a theoretical and quantitative framework.
The analysis should also enable them to work out or to adjust strategies within existing companies.
Learning objectives of the program:This program for students or professionals focuses on the areas of finance which have a great theoretical and practical interest, such as: investment analysis, corporate and investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, derivatives and microstructure finance and tax.
We expect our graduates of this program will pursue a career in public or private banking system or financial sector. Examples include: Asset, financial advisors, financial analyst, manager of Commercial Banking, etc.
Expected learning outcomes
Graduates of this program will be positioned on the functions
or departments such as:
• Investment Analysis
• Units of financial organizations risk management and corporate
• Asset and liability management units of financial intermediaries
• pension funds, private banks, insurance market,
• the central bank or government agency
• financial consulting firms, rating agencies
• The supervisory authorities for financial markets and institutions
• university or research departments, etc
Academic level and degree
Level: On completion of postgraduate studies students acquire title Master of Banking and Finance. Academic grade title - Master in Banking and Finance
Duration of studies and workload
Master studies last 2 years with a total of 4 semesters, while the total number of ECTS is 120. Three semesters of four compulsory courses and one elective and fourth semester is dedicated to the preparation of the master theme of which will have 30 credits.
Methodology of Reaserch (Models in Banks dhe Finance)8 ETCS
Ekonomics of Financial Markets 8 ETCS
Modern Banks 8 ETCS
Financial Analysis 6 ETCS
Busniess Envoirment and legal aspects 6 ETCS
Corporate governance,ethics and leadership 8 ETCS
International Finance 8 ETCS
Risk management and insurance 8 ETCS
Quantitative methods in finance 6 ETCS
International fianace institutions 6 ETCS
Advanced corporate finance 8 ETCS
Marketing of banking services and financial institutions 8 ETCS
Management of portofolio and investments 8 ETCS
International Business and Globalisation 6 ETCS
Accouinting of financial institutions 6 ETCS
Master Thesis proposal/;paper project 30 ETCS