Fashion Design - BA
Aim and program profile
The goal of this program is to prepare students to pursue their fashion design career and be able to get employed in this field. Design, project, creativity, fundamentals of cutting, computer-aided pattern design pertaining to industrial production of apparel products are used to develop new concepts, individual skills and talents. Courses offered in this program enable students to develop multiple skills, integrated concepts, creativity and practical techniques that help to build a professional and successful career in fashion design industry.
Professional competences are achieved through theory and practice, which ensure mastering of full competences, by the end of the program as following:
- To prepare students for a professional career;
- To develop individual creativity and the sense of uniqueness among students;
- To understand that fashion history attracts contemporary trends;
- To use computer-based methods of cutting in this industry.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Learn the fundamentals of designing and construction of a collection from the sketching, first design to completion.
2. Demonstrate skills in developing traditional artistic techniques as well as computer design techniques.
3. Demonstrate cutting and modeling techniques as well as computer-aided techniques for cutting, modeling and construction of sizing.
4. Develop and implement independently collections in atelier and industry.
Expected learning outcomes
• In personally owned atelier or as employee.
• In clothing and accessories industry.
• Fashion consultant for magazines and various media.
• Costume designer for artistic and media institutions
• Aesthetic curator for TV stations.
• In marketing department for clothing enterprises or any chain stores.
Academic level and degree
Bachelor (BA) in FASHION DESIGN
Duration of studies and workload
This study program is of 3 year accumulating 180 ECTS in total.
Fashion History and Costume Design. Fashion Terminology 9 ETCS
Traditional costume design 9 ETCS
Computer-aided sketching 9 ETCS
Fundamentals of cutting 9 ETCS
Modeling Techniques - Cutting, volume I 12 ETCS
Modeling Techniques - Cutting, volume II 10 ETCS
Modeling Techniques - Cutting, volume III 15 ETCS
Sketching and modeling design I 10 ETCS
Sketching and modeling design II 6 ETCS
Sketching figures I 8 ETCS
Sketching and aesthetics 15 ETCS
MercologyI 5 ETCS
Mercology II 5 ETCS
Alta Moda Cutting 7 ETCS
Styling 11 ETCS
Marketing of fashion enterprises 11 ETCS
English language I 3 ETCS
English language II 3 ETCS
Internship I 4 ETCS
Internship II 7 ETCS
Internship III 7 ETCS