European Young Cell Alumni Kosovo, in collaboration with the Young Cell Scheme project (Round XI-XII), invites all interested students of Year 2, 3 and 4 of the bachelor’s degree or master’s degree students to apply for the Winter School EU.
This year, EUWS 2020 will focus on two main streams:
- The legal aspects of EU environmental protection and the main political implications of EU environmental policy;
- The most relevant political and legal environmental protection challenges in Kosovo: Cases and solutions;
Lecturers will be professors from KU Leuven, University of Tilburg, University of Aix-Marseille III, University of Pristina (UP), as well as Alumni Young Cell, who have completed master studies at prestigious EU universities.
The EUWS 2020 program will have 12 lectures for 3 days, while on the fourth day there will be a debate that will provide students with the opportunity to discuss the importance of environmental protection in Kosovo as well as the challenges and risks.
Every student who participates in EUWS 2020 will receive a certificate of participation.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applicants must be students in year 2, 3 or 4 of their bachelor’s or master’s degree studies in Kosovo;
- Preferably, their field of study should be related to environmental policy, climate change, sustainable development, international relations, law. Other applicants are encouraged to apply if they have relevant knowledge and / or particular interest in the aforementioned areas;
- At least B1 or B2 communication level in English (both speaking and listening) required;
- Participation in projects, NGOs and programs related to the above areas is considered an added value for the participant.
European Winter School 2020 takes place at the University of Prishtina ‘Hasan Prishtina’, New Amphitheater (Ground floor), Faculty of Philosophy, Department of Political Science.
The European Winter School 2020 will be held from 3 to 6 February 2020.
Courses take place from 3 – 5 February, in two sessions: from 09:30 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 17:00. On February 6, there will be a final debate from 10:30 – 12:00 and whereafter a Certificate Award Ceremony will be held for the participants.
WHAT IS THE PRICE?
Attendance fees, school supplies at the European Winter School 2020, drinks and snacks are all covered by the organizers.
HOW TO APPLY?
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Fill out the application form, which you can find here.
- Submit your CV;
- Submit a cover letter in English on why you want to participate in EUWS 2020 (200 words maximum);
- Submit proof of student status (a scanned copy of the grade transcript, registration confirmation or any other relevant document);
- Application documents should be sent by email to: [email protected]
- Deadline for application is: January 23, 2019, 17:00.
More details can be found in the attached documents: